Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hidden Message

This assignment was to illustrate a popular proverb. I chose "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder." Thinking of the word "eye," I thought an optical illusion would be fun. I figured out how to make the classic pattern illusion that reveals a hidden message with the use of decoder glasses.

What would the pattern be? I thought about the proverb and decided to go with my favorite topic "ugly" which led to "ugly animals." All throughout film and and literature, certain "ugly" animals are referred to as "beasts." I drew some of the most common "beasts" (boar, snake, and bats) and turned them into a pattern. I hid the proverb behind the pattern as well as a red and yellow polka-dot pattern. After the illusion was complete, I constructed a pair of decoder glasses (not shown.)

No comments:

Post a Comment